Monday, October 21, 2013

Letting Go

Oh, this title. I have such a hard time with this one. Letting go is never easy. I can let something be forgotten for a while, but letting go completely? Yeesh. Not easy for me. So when faced with letting go of my fears and focusing on what I want, I can get a little caught up in the details.

Lately, I moved. And I quit a wonderful job, one that allowed me to be with my wee Leif. So now I need to figure out how to meet the bills each month, while also caring for my son, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, making meals, etc. Life, ya know? It happens. It doesn't stop because you have less income. It keeps moving forward, despite your fears.

So here I am, trembling like a rabbit, not really sure what's going to happen next, and thinking, "Well, Kate, what do you really want?" So here goes:

What Kate Rowan really wants:

The ability to get Leif to school age with me as his primary caretaker.
The ability to have Rowan Baby 2.0 when I am good and ready.
The time and care needed to cook for my family. I want to be healthy consumers.
I want to feel good about the cleanliness in my house, and feel content that at the end of that day, that I maintained us all.
I want to be able to continue my education. Quietly, part time, without many people noticing, but still moving forward.
I want to have positive financial saving goals established that we meet every month.
I want to be able to enjoy my relationships with my family, my husband and my child.
I want to be able to have hobbies.

I think I can make this happen. Now just go do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment