Thursday, October 17, 2013

Observations on Snacks.

My dear son, bless his tiny black heart, has really taken off in his talking ability. We were worried a little for a while. Now we just wish he would shut up every once in a while. His ability to repeat one word over and over and over is incredible. The one that is haunting me in my sleep lately is "NACKS!!" or snacks, because he is a black hole that will only be filled with chocolate. So he yells nacks!nacks!nacks!nacks! roughly 6000 times a day. I'm not even kidding. And I offer him everything. I have been known to make elaborate meals with multiple options, only to hear, "NO! NACKS!"

In desperation, I have been known to throw chocolate at him.

Go ahead, judge me. I know, I'm doing it all wrong. I'm giving into the terrorist's demands. I am feeding the bad behavior. I am also losing my sanity. Seriously.

Luckily, he does eat other food, too. He actually ate peas last night. I've made peas for him so many times, and not only did he eat them, he actually liked them. Victory.

But, DEAR GOD, I wish he would just give the nacks a break.

PS- Other words he knows: hair, kiss, hugs, ambulance, phone, bed, trees, grass, light, balls, plate, cup (but still not water???), blocks, games, toys, run, shoes, socks, pants, shirt, hat, coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment