Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Oooohhhhh, terrible blogger I am.


So, I've been busy. Life has gotten so wild as of late, and I love it. It's the kind of wild I want: the real wild. The kind that involves seeing a bobcat run across your path, and realize your favorite view in the whole world is right there in front of you, asking to be taken. I couldn't ask for much more.

My parents bought 80 acres out on the edge of the world. It is untamed and gorgeous. It is raw potential. They are building a house on one corner and we are helping with the plans. But the rest of it is up for grabs, to hike, to rock climb, to picnic,...to consider as a homestead. So here we are, looking at the possibility of being pioneers. Do we go for it? Do we test our potential and say yes to a bare hillside, waving with sage and rabbit brush? Do we say yes to the bob cat, the tarantulas, the deer, the snakes, the coyotes and the very, very black sky overhead? Do we say yes to the hard work, and the tears, and the sweat, to find the perfect fit? It's all so invigorating, these intense thoughts.

And who knows, really? Maybe we will. Maybe we won't. But for now, I have a hillside to hunker down on and enjoy the view that I love so much, hoping the wildlife doesn't come for a nibble.

No comments:

Post a Comment