Thursday, January 2, 2014

Saving Money in 2014 #1

Screw a gym membership. I'll just chase this little poo around.

So, I am on a mission to save money this year. I have started off in a blaze, with a monthly savings of $46 from my phone bill, and $25 every 6 weeks just in haircuts for my husband. WOOT. I am stoked.

My first exciting moment took place when hubby came home with a pair of clippers, and told me I was going to cut his hair. Ahhhhh! I was so nervous! My husband is notoriously picky about his hair, and I was petrified of cutting him. I settled in to YouTube for a few lessons from the pro's, but then I just did it. And it turned out great! He looks fantastic! I have some things I will do differently next time to make it easier, but I saved myself drive time, tipping and the cost of a hair cut, so I'm stoked!

The second one is still a work in progress, but the first stage dropped my bill $46 per month. Wow. I am looking at switching my phone to a more basic phone, since I use my computer for correspondence more than anything, and I am also not in need of a iphone all the time, thanks to wifi. I am looking into getting a really basic phone soon, so expect more savings!

All in all, I am really excited to save more money this year. I know it sorta sounds cheesy and weird, but it feels good to use less and pay off more bills. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else I can find to reduce my overall costs this year! Let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment